Monday, April 20, 2009

Four Days to Go!

Hello everyone! I just returned yesterday from my Caribbean cruise ship contract. As I predicted, I wasn't able to post here very much while "on the road." Internet service on the ship was rather slow (and costly; I was disappointed but not too surprised to find that the cruise line did not provide free Internet access for crew members), and even on occasions when I was able to find a fairly fast Wi-Fi connection in a port of call, I usually had too many other tasks to complete in a limited amount of time to post anything meaningful here.

But now I'm home again, and am posting here just to touch base before the event. I've been looking forward to the Clang! Thang, and specifically the Q-tenanny portion, for months, and I'm excited that it's almost here! I was a bit bummed to find, upon returning home late last night, that the guitar I had intended to use for the jam has suffered severe damage, due to a flaw in the product I purchased to keep my acoustic instruments humidified in my absence. However, even this little hiccup hasn't dimmed my enthusiasm! Anyway, I have a spare guitar; it too was damaged by this same product, but to a lesser degree. Fortunately, it's still playable.

The eagerness expressed by various posters on the NRBQ Mailing List suggests that this event is going to be great fun! Just to reiterate a request I made on the list, I'd like to ask that all participants please download the songbook (using the link in my previous post), print a copy, and bring it to the Clarion. If you can possibly even go a bit further and print one or two extra copies for anyone at the jam who might not have one, that would be a generous gesture that would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try to bring a limited number of extra copies myself, but unfortunately...well, I'm unemployed now, and just can't afford to print songbooks for everyone. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Also, I'd recommend that instrumentalists bring a music stand, if possible.

See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment