Sunday, February 1, 2009

Greetings from the Caribbean!

I recently made an impulsive decision to leave my corporate job (which was somewhat less than satisfying) and accept a contract to play guitar in a show band on a Caribbean cruise ship. I've worked as a musician on ships before, although I haven't done so for several years. It's an adjustment in many ways (not the least of which is that I'm taking a substantial cut in pay!), but I must say that, all in all, I'm feeling a lot less stress than I did in my previous role. It's a nice feeling to be able not only to run away from a bad job, but also to escape the worst part of the winter!

My contract ends about five days before the Clang! Thang, and I'm very much looking forward to it. In the meantime, I might not be able to post as frequently to this blog (or to the Q-list), but I'm still hard at work on the Q-tenanny songbook. By the way, Fred has finished the songbook cover, and it looks fantastic!

One of the enhancements I had intended to add to the songbook was to include composer credits for each song, as well as who first recorded it (in the case of cover songs that were part of NRBQ's repertoire). Unfortunately, although I loaded my portable MP3 player with 'Q music prior to leaving for this job, I forgot to take all the composer information with me as well. Therefore, only some of the songs in the book will have credits. I want to be able to get the book posted online in plenty of time for you all to have a look at it before the Q-tenanny, so unfortunately that will mean that the songwriter credits will necessarily be incomplete. I'll try to fix this in time for the next Q-tenanny!

No comments:

Post a Comment